One of the modern greatest staples of any dentistry practice is the tooth colored filling. Since they typically mimic the natural appearance of teeth, they may also be known as white fillings.
Our dental team uses tooth colored fillings to restore teeth that have been compromised by decay or trauma. This modern tool can effectively correct cosmetic flaws such as tooth color, form, and size.
Consequently, the dentists here at FLOSS Dental have mastered several techniques, which incorporate using tooth colored fillings as restorative and cosmetic dental treatments.
FLOSS Dental performs tooth colored filling procedures in 10 convenient FLOSS locations Coppell, Lakewood, Southlake, Oak Lawn, Park Cities, Preston Royal, Uptown Dallas, 5th Street, 38th Street and San Antonio, Texas
What To Expect
Once it is verified that a tooth colored filling treatment is a viable solution for your dental health, our dentist will clean and prepare your mouth for the procedure.
Usually, numbing is required if there is decay that needs to be removed from the tooth (or if there is some unusual situation).
Next, we apply a primer that prepares the pores in the dentin and enamel for the tooth colored filling so that a proper bond can occur.
Once the filling is inserted, we begin to shape it into its final form. During this step, we consider your natural bite so that your teeth will fit together in a natural feeling way.
Lastly, our dentists cure the filling with a specialty curing light, (Our curing lights are up to date with the latest technology and cure within 3 seconds instead of the standard 20 seconds) and any final adjustments can be made with slight filing and polishing.
There are a number of advantages of opting for tooth colored fillings, including:
- Nearly indistinguishable match to natural tooth appearance and color.
- No groves, pins, or slots are necessary to secure the filling because the bond is made chemically.
- This type of filling restores approximately 85 to 95 percent of the strength of the tooth it bonds to.
- Bonding and curing only takes a matter of seconds as opposed to the longer periods of time required by other materials.
- Patients feel little to no sensitivity.
- These fillings work well in all areas of the mouth do not negatively affect the appearance of the patient’s smile.
- Any damage to these fillings are easily correctable.Here at FLOSS Dental we takes great pride in offering our patients the highest-grade materials for tooth colored fillings. We take an uncompromising approach when performing all of our dental procedures to maximize your dental health and appearance. Therefore, work with top tier tools and technology.